- Quote of the Day (Blog on the Run) – "… by refusing to ridicule the ridiculous, by watering down every
criticism into a mannered circumlocution, we have created an
environment where idiots thrive unchallenged." — PZ Myers
- The Times Speaks, Kinda, Sorta (Blog on the Run) – Lex Alexander, a fine journalist in his own right, takes the New York Times to task for their handling of their own story – the journalist who was held in contempt in the Plame case. Basically he says they screwed the pooch.
- Thinking of Joining a Startup? (A VC) – Fred Wilson points to a checklist of questions you should answer to determine if joining a startup is right for you.
- Rethinking Reed’s Law (A VC) – Some really smart business people talk some serious math re. network effects and make my brain hurt.
- While Boomers Were Busy Watching Their Retirement Accounts (Matt McAlister) – An interesting look at the differences between the Boomers’ form of rebelliousness and Gen X’s form of rebelliousness. Actually it’s more a comparison of what they rebelled against.